Air-to-Water Heat Pumps
An Air-to-Water (or Air Source) Heat Pump extracts warm air from outside and uses it as a source of renewable energy, offering you a low-cost, energy-efficient way to produce heating and hot water.
Offering excellent performance, for every 1kW of electricity consumed by the system the pump returns up to 4kW of heat, generating lower bills for your heating and hot water.
Air-to-Water Heat Pumps work on the same principle as a refrigerator, using an indoor unit connected to an outdoor unit by refrigerant pipework.
The outdoor inverter heat pump absorbs heat from the outside air.
The absorbed air is transferred through a refrigerant circuit and is compressed into a high temperature.
The heat produced is used by the indoor unit for heating and providing hot water.
An Air-to Water system can perform in temperatures as low as -20 degrees centigrade.
Benefits of Air-to-Water/Air Source Heat Pumps:
- Energy-efficient - 4kW of heat for every 1kW of electricity
- A low-energy alternative to a traditional boiler, reducing your heating and hot water bills
- Suitable for use with wet heating systems
- Can be used in combination with a gas or oil-fired boiler - lower your fossil fuel consumption!
- Outdoor unit can be installed up to 70m from your property
- Optional LCD controller for greater flexibility
- Easy installation and maintenance by a qualified refrigerant engineer